There are 3 macronutrients, fats, carbs and protein. Each one affects your body in different ways. Protein is a very important component of your body. It makes up your hair and nails and your body uses protein to repair tissue. It's an incredibly important building block of bones, muscle, skin and blood. Since your body doesn't store protein, it's essential that you get enough protein to keep your body in tip-top shape, even if you don't have a rigorous workout routine. Here's our 5 reasons on why you need to eat more protein.
1. Protein boosts metabolism and burns fat. High protein intake has been shown to boost metabolism and boost the amount of calories burned in a day.
2. Protein helps repair your body after injury. Since protein is a building block of tissue, muscle and bones, protein helps repair cells and create new ones.
3. Protein helps maintain healthy bones. Studies have shown that people who eat more protein tend to have better bone health and reduce the risk of fractures and osteoporosis with age.
4. Protein increases strength and muscle mass. Since muscle is primarily made up of protein, it's important to get enough to prevent muscle loss during strength training.
5. Reduces your appetite and hunger. One of the best cravings crushers is getting enough protein in your diet. With replacing certain carbs and fats with protein can ensure you're curbing cravings and reduce appetite.
It's essential for your body to get enough protein, but it's even more important to get the right protein for your daily routine. BioHealth Nutrition provides premium, clean proteins that can be easily added to your fitness regimen for maximum results.