This easy and healthy ice cream with an edible cookie dough base filled with strawberry flavor is delicious and guilt free! Just a handful of main ingredients, with absolutely no baking required! This recipe is high in protein and gluten free.
- 3/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup cashew flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 30 grams of BioHealth Nutrition's Strawberry Shortcake Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup of milk (plant based or of choice)
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Line medium loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl combine cashew butter with honey.
- Stir in the flour.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Press cookie dough into pan, evenly pressing into all four corners.
- Place in freezer for about 10 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, blend together frozen strawberries, milk, and protein powder until smooth.
- Remove pan from the freezer and smooth over ice cream layer.
- Place back in freezer for 2 hours or until all layers have set.
Makes about 20. Store extras in freezer.
Recipe courtesy of The Balanced Whisk using BioHealth protein.