Recipe: Strawberry Shortcake Protein Muffins
Who doesn't love a fluffy muffin right out of the oven? These strawberry muffins are packed with protein and made without any white flour, sugar or eggs. Try this recipe when you're craving a delightful treat without the guilt.
- 2 scoops of BioHealth's Strawberry Shortcake Precision ISO protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup of almond butter
- 1 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ teaspoon of honey
- Optional: 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a muffin tin with 8 muffin liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add almond butter, apple sauce and honey to the mixture and mix until combined.
- If aadding sliced strawberries, fold in strawberries.
- Fill muffin liners with batter to about 3/4 full.
- Bake in the oven for abou 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.