Recipe: Healthy Holiday Cookie Hot Chocolate
As the days grow shorter and the air turns crisp, there's nothing like the cozy embrace of a warm mug of hot chocolate to welcome the holiday season. We've taken this classic winter treat and made it into a nutritious and protein-packed delight so your holiday season gets a little bit sweeter, and your daily fitness goals even more attainable. Use it as a protein packed pick-me-up or as a way to start your day. This isn't your average hot chocolate.
- 1/2 - 1 scoop of BioHealth's Holiday Cookie Precision ISO
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Optional: Whipped cream or dollap of greek yogurt for topping
- In a small saucepan, heat the almond milk over medium heat until it's warm but not boiling.
- In a separate bowl, mix the holiday cookie protein powder, cocoa powder and sinnamon.
- Slowly add a little of the warm almond milk to the dry mixture and stir to create a smooth paste. This helps prevent lumps from forming.
- Once smooth, pour it back into the saucepan with the remaining almond milk. Whisk over medium-low heat until the mixture is well combined and hot, but not boiling.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and honey or maple syrup. Adjust the sweetness to your liking.
- Add a pinch of nutmeg if desired.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!