Best Vegan Protein Hot Chocolate Recipe
Hot chocolate is always a comfort go-to, especially during the holiday season. But most ready to go hot chocolate drinks can contain a large amount of processed sugars. These can definitely de-rail your day macro-wise. This recipe is a macro friendly protein hot chocolate that uses our Phyto Perfect protein powder that's packed with superfoods to give you that extra delicious health boost.
If you're like us, you like to switch up your proteins between our vegan Phyto Perfect Protein + Superfoods, our Precision ISO protein and our Precision Blend time released protein. These are all different from each other and can vary in taste. For example, if you're using our vegan Phyto Perfect protein like the one we use in this recipe, is made with a mix of premium plant proteins. This can absorb moisture more and create a thicker texture. The taste may seem a little different than if you're using our whey protein isolate instead.
Ready for the ultimate protein hot chocolate recipe? Here's what you need!
- 1 and a 1/2 cups of milk (we used almond milk, but feel free to use any milk of preference)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 scoop of BioHealth's Chocolate Phyto Perfect protein powder
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- In a small saucepan or pot, combine milk, water, cocoa powder and cinnamon.
- Whisk over medium heat until it starts to simmer. *Do not let it boil!*
- Remove from heat and whisk in protein powder until blended. Be sure to use a whisk or milk frother to ensure smoothness.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
- Optional: Top with whip cream, marshmallows or cocoa powder.
Makes 1 serving.