Recipe: Protein-Packed Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
It's that time of the year when everything is pumpkin-spcied and we welcome more sweet treats that we've allowed ourselves all year. While the season tempts us with calorie-laden treats, we've conjured up a delightful alternative that's both delicious and nutritious. Whether you're celebrating fall or simply satisfying your sweet tooth, this shake is the ultimate blend of flavor, nutrition and festivity.
- 1 scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- Ice cubes
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Place the protein powder, canned pumpkin, almond milk, banana, pumpkin pie spice, and honey (if desired) in a blender.
- Add a handful of ice cubes for a thick, frosty consistency.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the shake into a glass.